Last Updated: August 23, 2018
Bizible, Inc. (“Bizible” “we” “our” or “us”), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marketo, Inc. acquired in April 2018. Bizible provides business-to-business marketing attribution software and services. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the types of information we collect, the purposes for which it is used, and the choices you have with respect to its use.
Bizible is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals from whom we collect personal data. This Privacy Notice applies to personal data we collect on the www.jiguv.site website (“Website”) for our own use. This Privacy Notice also applies to other websites and applications where we provide our products and services (“Services”). Your use of the Website and Services is also subject to our Terms of Service and Cookie Notice.
Information We Collect
When administering the Website, Bizible acts as a data controller with respect to personal data that is collected. When we provide our Services, Bizible acts as the data processor.
We collect the following information that you provide directly to us:
- Contact information – Name, job title, company name, email address, and company phone number. You provide this information to us when you request information about our Services on our Website.
- Log-in data – SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, or Google credentials. These user log-in credentials are required for you to log-in and use our Services.
We automatically collect the following information about you and your activities when you browse our Website or use our Services:
- Device information – IP address, device type, and operating system. We collect this information automatically when you use our Website or use our Services to calculate usage levels, help diagnose server problems, and to determine the regions from which you navigate to Bizible’s Website or Services.
- Site Activity – Web pages visited, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, unique visitations, type of browser used, and other session-based activities from actions you take and features you use on your devices. We collect this information automatically when you use our Website. We collect this information to improve our Website functionality.
- Cookie IDs and tracking technologies – First-party trackers, mobile advertising IDs, and third-party user IDs. We collect this data automatically when you use our Website to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user movements around the Website, serve advertisements, and gather demographic data about our user base. Refer to our Cookie Notice for more information.
- Geolocation information – Region, city, state, country, and zip code. We use a third-party service provider to automatically collect your geolocation information derived from your IP address. We use this information to provide our Services; this includes providing marketing leads close to your location. We also use this information to connect you with a nearby sales representative when you submit your information directly online on our Website.
How We Use Information
We collect data from and about you when you visit our Website or use our Services to:
- Personalize and improve our Website – We use data about you to analyze how you use our Website, develop new products and services, and improve our Website’s content, functionality, quality, and overall user experience.
- Communicate with you – We use data about you to send transactional and marketing communications and other items that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of marketing communications at any time. To learn more see the “Your Choices” section below.
- Provide Services for clients – We use information about you to provide Services that allow our clients to better understand the effectiveness of their marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Personalize and improve our Services – We use information about you to analyze how you use our Services, develop new products and services, and improve functionality, quality, and user experience.
Legal Basis For Processing The Personal Data
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process your personal data only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal basis we determine depends on how you use our Services. This means we collect and use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- Legitimate business interests – We use personal data about you for our legitimate business interests to improve our Website, to deliver Website content, to send email, and to optimize your user experience. We also use information about you to improve our Services consistent with our legitimate business interests.
- Consent – Where appropriate or legally required, we use personal data about you subject to your consent. For example, we may rely on your consent to send you email depending on your jurisdiction.
- Compliance with laws – We may also use personal data about you:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- Performance of contract – We use personal data about you to enter into a contract with you or to perform duties under a contract that you have with us. For example, when you express interest in our Services, we will use your business contact information to respond to your requests and provide you with the requested Services.
To learn about your information collection choices and to opt-out of data collection, see the “Your Choices” section below.
How We Share Information
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below:
- Service Providers – We share information about you with third parties who provide services on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use personal data about you only as necessary to provide these services to us. These services may include fulfilling orders or purchases, payment processing, validating contact data, sending marketing communications, and providing cloud infrastructure.
- Public authorities – In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security and local law enforcement. We may also disclose personal data about you to:
- Comply with a subpoena or other legal process requests
- Protect our rights
- Protect your safety or the safety of others
- Investigate fraud
- Respond to a government request
- Change of ownership – If Bizible is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; we reserve the right to transfer your personal data. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data and any choices you may have.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies we use, please refer to our Cookie Notice.
Social media features and widgets
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
Data Privacy Rights
If you are a Bizible user, you may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal data that you provided to us. Depending on the country in which you are located, you may have the following rights:
- A right of access to personal data we collect about you on this Website. We may charge a reasonable, administrative fee, if further copies of personal data are requested.
- A right to rectify inaccuracies in personal data we collect about you on this Website.
- A right to object to specific types of processing, such as direct marketing, processing based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority, and processing for research or statistical purposes.
- A right to have personal data we collect about you on this Website ‘erased’ or restrict processing of such data.
- A right to withdraw consent for future processing of personal data about you that we collected on this Website.
- A right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, if our Website’s data collection practices do not comply with the laws and regulations.
If your business contact information changes, if you would like to modify or remove your details, or to exercise your other rights, please go to www.jiguv.site/gdpr.
Bizible respects and acknowledges that you may wish to access your personal data or make other requests regarding your personal data rights. However, Bizible has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process on behalf of our clients. Please direct your questions and requests to the appropriate party to:
- Access your personal data
- Correct or amend your personal data
- Restrict or object to processing of your personal data
- Delete your personal data
- Exercise your right of portability
If requested by a client to provide assistance with such requests, Bizible will respond within 30 days. If you have any questions about Bizible’s data collection practices or how we assist Bizible’s clients with data subject rights requests under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, please contact us using the information described in the Contact Us section below.
“Do-Not-Track” and Targeted Ads
We respond to browser "Do Not Track" Requests.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how we use information collected, so you can make choices about how your data is used. You can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process and change your selection at any time by contacting us directly. When we ask you to provide your information, you may decline. However, please note that if you choose to decline, you may not be able to use some of our Services.
- Marketing communication – You can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message. If you have created an account with us, you may access, manage, and update your account information and communication preferences using your account.
- Transactional communication – From time to time, we may send you transactional email with announcements, payment confirmations, changes to our Services, and other similar administrative messages. You do not have the opportunity to opt out of receiving these messages.
- Third-Party marketing, advertising, and other communication – You may opt-in to receive emails or other communications from our partners, vendors, or affiliates. If you do opt-in, you may be subject to the third-party’s separate privacy notice. You are responsible for managing your email preferences subject to that statement. Please note that some advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Website or use of the Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to enable advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser, and to monitor which webpages you view when ads are delivered.
Our Website and Services participate in the TrustArc program for opting-out of customized or targeted advertising online. If you sign up for this program, you will not see targeted ads from us on other websites based on your browsing history or other online activities.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also require third party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information to maintain such security measures in accordance with industry standards. Bizible is committed to safeguarding the personal data we hold about you. Personal data is maintained in a secure environment, and our team of security professionals continually monitors our web interface touch-points to detect and prevent any attempts at unwanted intrusion. Bizible takes reasonable steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our systems and Services processing personal data.
We store information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose it was collected, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, provide our Services, operate our Website, and to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations. How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information collected.
- Account information – We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and then for 30 days thereafter in case you decide to re-activate our Services. We also retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for the improvement and development of our Services, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you.
- Marketing information – If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Bizible account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date the information was collected.
Our Website and Services are not intended for minors under the age of 18. Bizible does not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 18 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ or legal guardians’ consent before providing any Personal Data. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please contact us so that we can delete the information from our servers.
When you use our Services or our Website, we may transfer, store, and process information about you to servers and databases located outside of your country of residence to the United States (U.S.), which could have different data protection rules than those of your country of resident or the country in which you were located when you initially provided the information. By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information. If you do not want your personal data transferred to the U.S., please do not submit any information to us. When we transfer information on EU citizens outside the EEA, we rely on our Privacy Shield Certification.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
When transferring any Personal Data from the EEA and Switzerland to the U.S., we adhere to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. As a covered entity under the certification of our parent corporation Marketo, Inc., Bizible has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement and liability.
For the purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
If we have received your Personal Data in the U.S. and subsequently transfer it to a third party agent or service provider for processing, and such third party agent or service provider processes your Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, we remain responsible under the Privacy Shield unless we can prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy Notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view Bizible’s certification, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov/ or see our Privacy Shield Notice here.
Changes to this Notice
We periodically review and update this Notice to reflect current technologies, new business practices, or changes in legal circumstances. We encourage you to review this Notice each time you visit our Website and use our Services. If we are going to use personal data in a manner that is materially different from that stated at the time of collection or make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will notify you by posting those changes through a prominent notice on our Website. If you do not agree to the changes made to this Notice, we recommend that you stop using our Website and Services.
Contact Us. Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information or this Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at: 901 Mariners Island Blvd, Suite 500, San Mateo, CA 94404 ATTN: Privacy Officer, Legal.
Or, you may contact Bizible’s Representative to the European Union, Marketo EMEA Ltd, by email at email@example.com or by mail at: Level 2, Red Oak North, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18 Ireland. Bizible is a is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marketo, Inc.